11/08/2004

Phone Call From LA

I got phone call from my high school friend who I met again in US and now in LA. He is going to Marine Corps tomorrow morning. He told me about it around 2 months ago, and I was suprised by his decision.

He is a very funny guy in a good way. The first time I met him when I was 16, and I found out that his birthday is 3-15, which is one day ealier than mine. We became nice friends, and then I came to US. After I came to US one year, he came too, and we became classmates agian. We didn't really hang out a lot, but everytime we met, we would have great fun time. After two years in VA, he went to LA. We call each other sometimes, and keep our friendship good. He always sounded happy even the life of his wasn't that good. He didn't go school after went to LA and became full time waiter. We all know who hard it is being a waiter if you worked in US as waiter. He always, really, always sounds this life is beautiful.

Today, he called. I heard one sad sound from him, and I asked him what happened. He told me that he is going to Marine Corps tomorrow morning for 3 months. I heard the sadness from the cell. I care about him 'cause I don't know if he willl go to the war after 3 months or not if there will be a war. I don't wanna lose a friend like him.

I guess both of us didn't feel so happy. We kept silents for a while. I told him to take care of himself, and hope the best for him. Well, Best for him for real. God bless you.

No comments: