1/24/2006

(MY CHINA) ---Where is the civilization?

I was reading all kind of news from Internet, and I found one story has interesting title <>. I checked the story....well...for me, it's only a sad story, no humor in it at all. Is it a real story? I am not sure about it, but I believe the thing happened in the story, would happen in real life of China in a very high probability. Let me tell you the story.

The story happened in a overcrowded train. It is most busy time of the year, the Chinese New Year is coming soon. Many laborers and students are going home for the biggest holiday of the year. There is no empty seats in the train, many people standing or sitting on the floor for hours to get home. After the train left the city about a hour, the train conductor started check the tickets. She stopped infront of a laborer who sat on the floor. The laborer looked dirty and tired.

"Your ticket." The conductor said to him.

The laborer took one ticket out of his coat pocket very slowly and carefully. He didn't give the ticket to the conductor, he just held it in his hand, and showed to the conductor. But, still, the conductor saw that was a ticket for under-age passenger.

She looked at the laborer with flout in her eyes, she said:" It's a under-age ticket. "
"Yes, I know." The laborer said carefully:" I bought it because it is same price with the ticket for disablilty passenger."
The conductor looked at the laborer from the head to tail:"Are you telling me you are a disablilty passenger?"
The laborer looked at the conductor, and smiled a bit:" Yes, I am."
" Is that right?" the conductor kept her eyes with flout:" Show me your certificate of handicap."
The laborer's smile stopped at his face, he speaked in very small voice:" I don't have one. That's why I bought the ticket for under-age passenger. The booking clerk asked my certificate of handicap in the train station too....but I don't have one, I only can buy ticket for under-age passenger."
The conductor laughed:"Haha...you don't have the certificate, how can you prove that you are handicap? You looks perfect fine for me."
The laborer with a red face, put his left trouser leg up above his left foot. He only has half left foot.....He looked at the conductor agian, said:" I lost half of my left foot at work, but it was impossible to get certificate of handicap in the city because I am just a laborer from country-side. I am not the registered permanent residence of the city. They don't give me one..."
"The rules only apply for the certificate, you don't have one, then you have to pay the full price." The conductor said to the laborer without enmation.
The laborer looked confused:"But, I am handicap. You saw my foot, do I still need a certificate to prove that?"
The conductor didn't want to talk to the laborer anymore, so she called the guard. The guard came very soon. He asked the ticket from the laborer agian, asked same question and got same answer from the laborer agian. Then, he said:" We don't prove you as handicap because you don't have the certificate. No matter if we can see you are handicap or not, you don't have certificate, you are not handicap."
The laborer lost his half foot at work....and now, he couldn't even go back home.
One old man who was sitting behide the laborer shot to the guard:" You are not man."
The guard felt angry and said:"How can you say that? Of cause, I am a man!"
"Well, then where is your certificate of man?" The old man asked the guard peacfully.
"Of cause I am a man. Can you see that? Do I need a certificate for that?" The guard became mad.
The old man said:" Then, show your dick to us. But, even if you have a dick, we still don't prove you are a man 'cause you have no certificate of man."
The guard didn't know what to say.....but the conductor said to the old man:" I am not man, you want to say something, say it to me."
The old man looked at her coldly:" You are not even a human."
"What~!" The conductor was mad and shot to the old man.
The old man smiled and said:" Please show us your certificate of human~!"
At the point, the laborer was looking at ground with tears in his eyes. The tears of agnry, sad, and thanks for the old man.

It's king of long story. I was really sad to think this kind of things might happen in my country, but I think it does. A lot of Chinese people still don't know what is civilization, what is love and respect. They are slefish, self-center, and ignorant. Normal Chinese people will never know how ignorant they are because they only see themselves in China.

For my home-counrty, which I love, I want it become more civiliation, and better. Not only have improvement at economy and the matter of life; also have improvement at thought, education and morality. It sad to see my own country un-civilizated.

No comments: