3/03/2010

Tiger, Tiger


The Chinese New Year celebration TV show of CCTV ( The official name is Spring Festival Gala Evening) is a must to watch for me. It a tradition for many Chinese family to watch that show at New Year's eve night. The first Gala evening was at Feb.12th of 1983. I am sure I don't remember any of that because I was only 3 years old, but it become a part of my memories of Chinese New Year since then. I am fondly remembering the old times that my family would spend the new year eve night at one of my grandparents' house with all my uncles, aunts and cousins. We eat, we drink, we wear new clothes, have nice hair done and make-up (yes, even children had make-up on), we get money from our parents, uncles, aunts, grandparents, we play fireworks, and watch the gala evening on TV. What a wonderful time. I truly miss it.

It isn't easy to feel the holiday sprite in America. Not only because it isn't an American holiday that everyone will celebrate, but also because there isn't anyone to share the holiday with. Just like the saying "Happiness is happiness when only you share with others." I hasn't try too hard to keep the holiday sprite with me, but I do some small stuff to remembering the holiday. Like, buy some new clothes, have a small dinner with my friends, call home to my parents and grandparents, also some of my friends who know about the holiday. And, I don't miss the gala evening show. Thanks for the internet, I found a site which I can download the show every year. It is the only major thing I do to celebrate and to remember the holiday.

This year's show was alright. I think they could done better. There always are one show or two stand out from the others, and became the major point to the gala evening and to be remembered by people for long time. This year, it was the performance of not only my but the 70s and 80s people's youth time idol "The team of little tiger". I cried when I was watching their performance. I cried not because I am a fan of them, but because they remind me the time of purity, happiness, love, and hope; the time of everything were possible; the time of nothing is bad, and I cried because I know that is the time which will never be back. The lost of happiness, deeply inside of my heart, deeply still want to have, it won't be back.

Maybe I am having be too far from my family for too long. Maybe I am starting to get lonelier and lonelier. Maybe I am just become more mature, and maybe it is what it is. It is a part of life.

I miss my childhood, I miss home.

Well...Tiger year it is~~!!! Miss.S and Daddy are both tigers. It's their own year, and I wish them the extra best, and everyone who I love the best, and myself.

2010 WILL BE GREAT. IT WILL BE GREAT~~!!!!

No comments: