3/15/2010

My 30th Birthday party~~!!


IMAGE FROM GETTYIMAGES.COM

I wasn't plan to have a party for myself. Just wasn't in the sprite of celebrate my 30th birthday since I felt there is nothing good enough to be celebrated about. However, couple of my customers asked me if I was gonna do anything for my birthday and my answer disappoint them. Lisa said to me:" Why? It's a big birthday, a milestone. You should do something. 30 will be great." Yeah...why not. I thought to myself. The party notice was late. Couple of my friends couldn't make it. Like, Tadayoshi, Tokutada, Jenny, Rachel, Maki, Tom and Andy. But Sherry, Bobby, Linzi, Mr.B, Lori and 4 of Lori's friends did. It was nice. Actually, it was nicer than I thought. I was a little bit worried about Lori and Lori's friends 'cause I don't know them well enough yet. I wanted everyone to have good time. But, they were all great~~!! Very funny and friendly.

I left work 3 hours early, tried to get to Mr.B's place earlier so we could make to Flushing with no hurry. However, it was a heavy windy day. I didn't know the route 15 is a high target of danger. The falling trees. I was only 5 miles away from Mr.B's place, but a huge tree fail down at 20 cars front. That cast huge delay, like 3 hours. LOL. I was worried the whole time of any tree would be blew down by the high wind and fail on my car. Lucky, nothing like that happened. I made to Mr.B's place 3 hour later in one piece.

Dinner is at Little Pepper. The favored Hotpot place that Sherry and I always go to. It was fun dinner time. Lori's friends were exciting to try the real Hotpot, and Bobby was just a happy-go-lucky nice boy with Linzi, Sherry was doing her best to be funny, Mr.B was just enjoying his food. It was so different as last year when Sherry, Jenny, Maki, Tadayoshi, Tokutada, Andy and others went to clubbing. It was more mature, like real 30th party. After dinner, we went to Karaoke called sky blue. I don't sing normally, but when I saw the song BEN by MJ, I just had to do it. Everyone seemed to be having fun. It was good.  Mr.B and I didn't go back to CT that night, we stayed over in a hotel in NYC. It was a really good idea 'cause we were both tired to drive back home.

The next day, the 14th, we worked around in NYC, went to my favored Tonkatsu restaurant for lunch, went to my favored Japanese bookstore Kinokuniya, went to Zara to buy some nice spring shirts, went to have a wonderful foot and body massage done which Mr.B loved it, went to Hizakaya Kenka for dinner and had nice bubble tea on the way home. It was nice. I haven't been to the city with a boyfriend for long time. It was different, but surely fun.

My real birthday is coming up in a day, and Mr.B said we will go to NY again. And, he will take the whole day off for me. I love that. He is the sweetest person. LOL. (Even that doesn't mean he couldn't change later, but I just enjoy now and have my eyes open wild and armor prepared on my side).

Thanks to everyone who came out, and Thanks to Mr.B. Love ya~~!!

No comments: