11/11/2005

Beijing 2008 -- One world, one dream


I still remember that feeling when I was watching Chinese News from Internet. I saw people were laughing, jumping, dancing or even crying when China chose to be 2008 Olympics Game host country. From the small computer screen, I felt the emotions that Chinese people were having at the same time. I cried while I was watching it because of happy.

It might be a normal thing for America or England or Japan and some other countries to host the Olympics. But, for China, a counrty was in the wars for more than 100 years, a counrty is called thrid-world-counrty by others, a counrty struggled for development; it is a great honor, a great respect for it and its people. Of cause, at that moment, all the Chinese in the world, no matter he/she hates China or love China, their chinese soul and blood were jumping with the News. That was a time for a lot of Chinese who are outside of China, feel proud to be a Chinese. At least, for me, it was true.

I have been in America for 8 years now. I always had the feeling that I am not good enough because I am Chinese. The other countries people look down us, I know that. How many times that when Korean or Taiwanese came and smiled to me and asked me if I am Japanese or not, and turned away cold after knowing I am Chinese. I saw the look of their face :" Ha--Chinese--" I don't believe that I am lower than other counrties people, but it does hurts when people look down you just because of your nationality. I don't think that Chinese are greater or better than other countreis' people. We all same, all the people of the world. We all have good point or bad point, and our culture differeces make people misunderstand each other. When I don't smile, doesn't mean I am not happy; when I don't cry, doesn't mean it's not hurts. When I said I like Japan, doesn't mean I don't love my own country. There are great gaps between all cultures, people really should try to explain their own culture to others, and try to make the misundersanding smaller and smaller. Well...at least, I hope my own people (Chinese) know that too, don't hate one race or country just because that's what everybody does.

Wooo...I talked too much...Thanks for reading.

PEACE~!

No comments: